JALP21: Call for presentations and submission guidelines (submission deadline extended: 3 March 2019)
We are delighted to announce that the Japan Association of Language Policy (JALP) calls for presentations for the 21st Research Conference (JALP21), which will take place on the 8th and 9th, June, 2019 at Kwansei Gakuin University. You are invited to submit proposals of your research presentations.
Venue: Kwansei Gakuin University (Nishinomiya Uegahara Campus)
- Presentation date: Sunday, 9th June, 2019
- Submission deadline: Sunday, 3 March
24 February, 2019
- Conference website: <http://jalp.jp/wp/?page_id=1687>
* For the details of JALP21, see the conference website.
- Access the submission form for JALP21 at http://u0u1.net/Ooc5
If you have any difficulty in accessing the form, please contact the Program Committee by email.
- Japanese or English.
- You must prepare both your proceedings and presentation in the language that you choose. The change of the presentation language will not be accepted once your submission is completed.
Single- or co-authored presentation. 30 minutes for the presentation and Q&As. You may be allocated to either the morning or afternoon session depending on the grouping that the Program Committee will decide.
Poster or other form of materials that fits the size of A0 (841mm x 1189mm). You are requested to attend the poster and take questions during the common interaction time at noon. Posters should be displayed from the morning through the afternoon.
Presentation by a small group of presenters and speakers. 120 minutes. You are advised to have the same research topic or perspective in the panel to make an effective use of the format. You must secure sufficient time for interaction with other attendees in the room.
* Note for Oral and Poster submissions: You may be requested to change the presentation category as a result of the evaluation by the Program Committee.
* Note for Panel submissions: Your proposal may be alternatively evaluated as an oral or poster presentation even when it is not selected as a panel. Please indicate in the submission form if you wish so.
- You must be a member of JALP at the time of presentation.
- In the case of a co-authored or panel presentation, at least the lead presenter must be a member of JALP.
- You can submit a proposal whether you are a member of JALP or not.
Selection and notification:
- Proposals will be evaluated and selected by the Program Committee. You will be notified of the results by the end of February.
- Proposals may be selected on the condition that the presentation category is changed.
- When your proposal is selected, you are requested to complete and submit your conference proceedings by Sunday, 31st March, 2019.
- The proceedings format (3 pages in B5 size) will be announced to the selected presenters. It will also be published on the JALP web site.
Details for the Panel presentation
A Panel presentation is a 120-minute presentation slot for the delivery of an
academic work by a small group. It should ideally be composed of more than three
presenters or speakers who share a common topic or perspective.
Proposals of any topic will be welcome, but at JALP21, proposals related to the
conference theme, “Crossroads of language policy in Japan”, will be encouraged.
Proposals of a panel presentation may be alternatively evaluated as an oral or
poster presentation even when they are not selected as a panel. Please indicate
in the submission form if you wish so.
- The topic and description should deal with issues that are related to the study and practice of language policy.
- The panel should make effective use of the format as a panel presentation.
- The theme and objective are expressed clearly.
JALP Program Committee <email@example.com>